Our history

1685

"Steppes House" is built and is the home of the village butcher

1785

The Half Moon Inn name is first recorded

1860

The licence and name of Half Moon Inn is transferred to Steppes House

1970

In about 1970 the adjoining cottage was incorporated into the main building.

1990

Present landlords Andrew and Philippa Tarling move in to the pub

2005

A new block of 6 letting rooms is built to accomodate the demand for quality bed and breakfast in the South Somerset area

2011

Winners of prestige taste awards